St. Katharine Drexel’s joyful spirit invites us to a deeper appreciation of Christ’s love for us and our need to respond as one of His disciples, fostering a welcoming, caring, and faithful Catholic community.
Welcome to our picturesque parish in the country …
Join us to see our faith community in action!
Welcome to St. Katharine Drexel-Sugar Grove, Ill. We hope you find our website an informative and engaging tool to assist you in growing in your faith. Take some time and explore the different links and pages of this site for all the various ministries and areas of SKD. Websites and social media are ever-growing, ever-changing mediums so visit us often to see updates and exciting news!
We value your presence in our faith community and strive to serve all our members in the best way we can. God’s Blessings to you all!
Latest News and Updates
- The parish office is open for summer office hours; Mon-Thurs 8am-4pm and Fri 8am-12pm.
- The church will remained closed with the exception of those who have a reservation to attend Mass.
- We are LIVE STREAMING daily and weekend Masses on our You Tube channel at 7:30am-weekdays and 9am-Sundays.
- If you have a pastoral emergency, please contact Fr. Bob at the rectory. Please leave a message if he is not available, 630-448-4035.
How to Register to attend Mass — As we slowly, and in small gatherings, make our way Back in His Presence with public Masses, we have considered many options for Mass sign-up in an effort to find a system that will be equitable to everyone. Thank you for your patience and kind consideration of others as we work through this process. We will be using Sign Up Genius, with which many of you are familiar and may already have an account. An account is NOT required. You can access the program on the internet or download an app on your smart phone or computer at signupgenius.com. Or you can simply follow the link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084fa8a72ba1fb6-back
- You may sign up for ONE WEEKEND MASS and ONE WEEKDAY MASS. If you made the list, then consider yourself confirmed.
- You may add your name as back-up on ONE ADDITIONAL WEEKEND and ONE ADDITIONAL WEEKDAY MASS. SKD staff will change you to an open spot and the system will send you an e-mail if you have been upgraded and confirmed for that Mass.
- YOU MUST SIGN UP EACH AND EVERY FAMILY MEMBER WHO PLANS TO ATTEND. This is a vital part for our diocesan directives that every person in attendance be listed for tracking purposes.
- PLEASE – call the office or remove your name from the list if you are not feeling well or know you will not be filling the spot. If the demand is there, we don’t want any spots to go unfilled.
What you can do when staying at home:
- Make an Act of Spiritual Communion
- Call your elderly neighbors
- Maintain Social Distancing
- Follow along with updates from the CDC and WHO
- Avoid Fear and Panic. We are a people of trust
Do you need help? — We have had some inquiries from our younger parishioners asking if there is anyone who is elderly or immune compromised and unable to leave their home who find themselves in need of help with groceries or medicine pick up. Please call the parish office, 630-466-0303, and let a staff member know of your need. If there is no answer, please leave a message. We will get it and assist you! If you need assistance through the St. Vincent dePaul Society, call and leave a message at 630-466-8833 or visit their website, www.svdp-skd.org.
Ways to Watch Mass (not at SKD) if you are staying home
- Watch Mass daily on EWTN at 11am (check your cable provider for channel)
- Watch Mass on Sunday morning at 9:30am via WGN-TV
- Listen to Mass on The Catholic Channel on Sirius XM 129 or Relevant Radio station 930AM. You can also live stream Mass at noon from the Relevant Radio HERE
- If you are computer savvy, join Bishop Barron for daily Mass at wordonfire.org/daily-mass
It has long been a Catholic understanding that when circumstances prevent one from receiving Holy Communion, it is possible to make an Act of Spiritual Communion, which is a source of grace. Spiritual Communion is an ardent desire to receive Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament and lovingly embrace him at a time or in circumstances when one cannot receive Him in sacramental Communion. The most common reason for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when a person cannot attend Mass. Acts of Spiritual Communion increase our desire to receive sacramental Communion and help us avoid the sins that would make us unable to receive Holy Communion worthily. Click on the .pdf below if you’d like to have a whole prayer service from home courtesy of the Diocese of Elphin in Ireland.
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love you above all things and I desire to receive you in my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally,
Come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace you as if you were already there
And unite myself wholly to you.
Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
Bishop Malloy’s Public Statements
Continue to Keep Safe with these helpful flyers:
SKD MEN – COME JOIN US VIRTUALLY ON SATURDAY MORNINGS
Our Spring Semester of “That Man is You” has reached it conclusion – with the participants agreeing that they wanted to continue gathering! Accordingly, all of the Men of the Parish are invited to join us through video conferencing. Here’s the schedule:
6:30 am – Site goes live for a little fellowship
7:00 am – Watch a video by Word on Fire entitled “Outreach to the Unaffiliated”
7:30 am – group discussion of the video
8:00 am – on to the rest of our day
Here’s what Bishop Robert Barron has to say about “Outreach to the Unaffiliated”:
In the video, you’ll hear from expert evangelists and sociologists, as well as young people who don’t affiliate with any religion.
I’m convinced that outreach to the “nones” remains the most pressing evangelical task of our time, so I hope this video sparks new conversations, insights, and ultimately hope around this important task.
All you need is a PC or tablet with a webcam, or even a smart phone. If you’d like to participate please reach out to one of us and we’ll send you the link
Jim Rudnicki 630-258-1797 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Beary 630-675-3262 email@example.com
Dcn. Mike Lane firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you on Saturday!
Because of your support, we were able to donate 22 units at our blood drive on May 11th! This surpassed our goal!
Mark your calendar for our next blood drive on Monday, September 21st, 2020.
Annual Parish Financial Report
Pietra Fitness® at St. Katharine Drexel
Pietra Fitness® is currently on Spring Break until further notice!
Pietra Fitness class held at St. Katharine Drexel in Sugar Grove every Tuesday from 9:15AM-10:15AM.
To listen to our weekend homilies, as well as the parish mission, see the Weekend Homily button on the right side of the homepage.
Learn more about our priests and deacons. How were they called? What does their vocation mean to them. Read their stories here: SKD Vocation Stories
Connecting with us just got easier!
There are 2 easy ways to register (pick one):
- Visit our network at: flocknote.com/SKDCCFlockNote
- Text SKDCC to 84576 from your cell phone and follow the instructions
Text STOP to 84576 to stop txt notifications at any time. Text HELP for help. There is no charge for this service, but your carrier message and data rates may apply. View full terms & conditions at www.flocknote.com/txt
After sending the text, you will receive a request for your email. An email will be sent with a link to finish registration and a place to subscribe to any of the many ministry lists you may join.