Partners in FAITH
Partners in Faith is the only publication designed especially to give Catholic parents the practical help and support they need to raise faithful Catholic children. Produced by Success Publishing, LLC, this is a great resource to read together with your children each month. Click the picture above to enlarge and read or click HERE for a .pdf verson. Hard copies will be available each month in the parish hall!
Dear Religious Education Parents:
Religious Education program for 2020-2021 will begin in September (the first Sunday after Labor Day). We will be teaching under different circumstances due to Covid 19. We want to give you two program options to choose for your child(ren). All safety guidelines will be adhered to as well as Diocesan guidelines and I will go into specifics.
Here are the two options:
On Site Classes – This session meets once per month, on site, on Sunday from 10:30 – 12:00 noon (90 minutes).
Learning at Home – Classes taught at home by parents
On Site Classes –
- Students will meet one Sunday a month for 90 minutes (10:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. noon) for eight (8) months (September through April).
- Classes will be taught live by an experienced Catechist.
- Textbooks will remain on site to eliminate cross-contamination.
- A text will be available electronically to complete work at home if necessary.
- Assignments will be given to assure comprehension of lessons (approx. one assignment per month).
- Social distancing will be observed.
- Masks are to be worn at all times.
- Only one assigned entrance/exit will be designated for each grade for the purpose of safety.
- A maximum of three grades will meet at a time each Sunday to ensure proper social distancing.
Learning at Home – This is a “Home-School” method.
- Each student will receive a textbook as well as an E-text code to access the text. It is the same material but under different formats (hard copy and electronic copy).
- There are no “Zoom”, etc. type sessions.
- Each student will receive a Syllabus for the month outlining the chapters/lessons that are to be This will amount to approximately three chapters/lessons per month.
- Assignments will also be part of the learning process in order to assure comprehension of material studied.
- All assigned material is to be accomplished at home with assistance of parents if needed.
- It will be important to stay on the outlined schedule as designed in the Syllabus.
- A grade-level Catechist will be monitoring each child’s progress and also be available for assistance, questions or discussion via email or phone.
Q : Which Sunday of the month would my child’s class meet?
A : It depends on the number of participants that register for On Site classes.
Q : When will I know which Sunday of the month my child has been assigned?
A : By the end of August, you’ll receive a confirmation letter, after you register, with your Sunday dates and class syllabus.
Q : If I choose On Site and have several children, does that mean each child may be on a different Sunday due to their grade?
A : Yes, that may occur.
Q : If I choose Learning at Home at any time will my child need to gather at Church for class?
A : Yes, if your child will be studying to receive a sacrament (First Communion or Confirmation), a few special classes/ceremonies will be included in our regular program.
Q : When can my family attend Mass altogether?
A : When it’s an Rel. Ed. Sunday for your family, you can attend Mass at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, 9:15 a.m. on Sunday.
We want so very much for families to be able to return to Mass again.
If you have questions, please email or phone me.
After you formally register online (like last year), I will send you a confirmation of registration and more details about the program you’ve chosen. All this will be sent by the end of August.
We are now taking registration for the 2020-2021 school year. Our registration is fully online and payment can be made by credit card or checking/savings deduction right from the secure site. Click the student registration button above for our registration site. Or see this link: https://www.osvhub.com/st-katharine-drexel-cath-church/forms/re-registration-2020-2021
RE Traffic Flow
Please observe the traffic flow as shown on the map below when dropping off and picking up students for Religious Education classes during the 9:00 and 10:30 a.m. Masses. The traffic flow, drop off and pick up locations have been designed to provide maximum safety for our students. Please be patient as you enter and leave the parking lot when classes are scheduled.